Providence is calling a Housekeeper to Providence St. Peter Hospital in Olympia, WA.
This is an on call, evening shift position.
We're seeking a detail-oriented individual to perform a variety of cleaning duties in support of maintaining a sanitary, safe and attractive health care environment.
In this position you will:
- Clean, polish and disinfect assigned areas, furnishings and fixtures in patient/resident rooms and common areas
- Periodically clean windows, walls, ceilings and doors
- Use dry mop, wet mop, broom or vacuum to clean floors, routinely and when incidents occur
- Clean, sanitize and stock in bathrooms in patient/resident and public areas
- Discard trash, medical waste and recycling
- Mix, properly use and dispose of cleaning chemicals
- Move furniture, equipment and supplies as necessary
Required qualifications for this position include:
- High School diploma or equivalent
- Ability to read, write and verbally communicate in English
Preferred qualifications for this position include:
- Previous housekeeping or custodial experience
- Previous customer service experience
About the hospital you will serve.
Providence St. Peter Hospital is a 390-bed, not-for-profit regional teaching hospital. Located in Olympia, WA, St. Peter offers comprehensive rehabilitation, medical, surgical and behavioral health services. We have been ranked as one of the top 100 hospitals and as one of 10 premier healthcare employers in the nation and have recently achieved the coveted Magnet®" recognition from the American Nurses Credentialing Center®. Our hospital rests on a 173-acre campus, much of which includes natural forest and preserved wetlands that maintain a healing environment for patients and staff.
We offer a full comprehensive range of benefits - see our website for details
As people of Providence, we reveal God's love for all, especially the poor and vulnerable, through our compassionate service.
Providence Health & Services is the third largest not-for-profit health system in the United States. Providence employs more than 82,000 caregivers (employees) across a five-state area; AK, WA, MT, OR, and CA. Our facilities include 34 hospitals, 600 physician clinics, senior services, supportive housing and other health and educational services. Providence is proud to be an Equal Opportunity Employer. Providence does not discriminate on the basis of race, color, gender, disability, veteran, military status, religion, age, creed, national origin, sexual identity or expression, sexual orientation, marital status, genetic information, or any other basis prohibited by local, state, or federal law.
Schedule: On Call
Job Category: Environmental Services/Housekeeping
Req ID: 143521