Providence is calling a Scheduler - Diagnostic Imaging to Providence St. Vincent Medical Center in Portland , OR. This is a full-time, benefited position. Schedule is 10:00 a.m. - 6:30 p.m. Monday through Friday.
In this position, you will:
- Be accountable for scheduling various complex Imaging and Medical procedures (i.e. Interventional, Nuclear Medicine, Anesthesia, Short Stay and Admitting) by obtaining appropriate exam information, specialized equipment / resources and implant, and current/historical medical information (International Classification of Diseases (ICD) Coding, medical history, including allergies, and patient demographic profile).
- Use intermediate and complex medical terminology and precise scheduling protocols to ensure compliance.
- Obtain all critical information needed to correctly and efficiently schedule and process imaging exams and must be able to work in a fast- paced, close-quarters, high-call volume environment.
- Utilize multiple computer applications (Hospital Information System/Radiology Information System (HIS/RIS), scheduling software, network drives, reporting systems and/or Picture Archiving and Communication System (PACS)) to schedule multiple exams within multiple departments and entities (Short Stay Unit, joint ventures, etc.)
- Obtain and manage all physician orders in a timely and efficient manner.
- Effectively communicate with patients, Imaging Department Coordinators & staff, radiologists, medical offices and physicians.
- Provide superior customer service and service recovery, utilizing good judgment that meets and/or exceeds the expectations of patients, visitors, physicians and Providence Health & Services staff.
Required qualifications for this position include:
- High school diploma or equivalent
- Demonstrated outstanding customer service experience
- Proficiency in the use of personal windows based computer
- 2 years of medical and/or clerical experience
Preferred qualifications for this position include:
- Business or college courses
- Diagnostic Imaging experience
- Intermediate medical terminology
About Providence in Oregon
As the largest healthcare system and largest private employer in Oregon, Providence offers exceptional work environments and unparalleled career opportunities.
The Providence Experience begins each time our patients or their families have an encounter with a Providence team member and continues throughout their visit or stay. Whether you provide direct or indirect patient care, we want our patients to feel that they are in a welcoming place where they can be comfortable and free from anxiety. Our employees create the Providence Experience through simple, caring behaviors such as acknowledging and welcoming each visitor, introducing ourselves and Providence, addressing people by name, providing the duration of estimated wait times and updating frequently if timelines change, explaining situations in a way that puts patients at ease, carefully listening to their concerns, and always thanking people for trusting Providence for their healthcare needs. At Providence, our quality vision is simple,
"Providence will provide the best care and service to every person, every time."
Providence is consistently ranked among the top 100 companies to work for in Oregon. It is also home to two of our award-winning Magnet medical centers. Providence hospitals and clinics are located in numerous areas, ranging from the Columbia Gorge to the wine country to sunny southern Oregon to charming coastal communities to the urban setting of Portland. If you want a vibrant lifestyle while working with a team highly committed to the art of healing, choose from our many options in Oregon.
We offer a full comprehensive range of benefits - see our website for details
As people of Providence, we reveal God's love for all, especially the poor and vulnerable, through our compassionate service.
Providence Health & Services is the third largest not-for-profit health system in the United States. Providence employs more than 82,000 caregivers (employees) across a five-state area; AK, WA, MT, OR, and CA. Our facilities include 34 hospitals, 600 physician clinics, senior services, supportive housing and other health and educational services. Providence is proud to be an Equal Opportunity Employer. Providence does not discriminate on the basis of race, color, gender, disability, veteran, military status, religion, age, creed, national origin, sexual identity or expression, sexual orientation, marital status, genetic information, or any other basis prohibited by local, state, or federal law.
Job Category: Surgical Services
Req ID: 152002